Sunday, June 5, 2011

A new study suggests a need for more dental checkups after menopause:

This just in from Dr. Weil. http://www.drweilblog.com/home/2011/6/5/more-dental-checkups-after-menopause.html  I follow his tweets as he is one of the first medical doctors in the US to recognize the importance of prevention and helped establish the department of Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona.  He loves good western medicine in serious emergencies and cherry picks the best alternative strategies for prevention and even treatment.  This article on tooth health in older women interests me.  I am 73 and doing very well with a visit to my dentist once every 8 months and I've had no bone loss in my teeth nor serious plaque build up.  Could it be that taking "the shelf" of Shaklee supplements and brushing with our natural Dentifrice has made a difference?  Or am I just not in the statistical pool.  How about you?

Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment