Thursday, April 28, 2011

How much water is 160ml?

Well, Dear Reader, After drinking 3 12 oz glasses of water yesterday morning and feeling as though my back teeth were floating away, I decided to measure 160ml of water.  Guess what, 4 x 160ml is equal to 2 1/2 cups of water.  How much water does your favorite drinking glass hold?  Mine holds 2 cups when I fill it to the top.  It turns out that this Japanese health measure is already part of my daily routine with a few tweaks.  I need to drink 1 1/2 glasses of water in my favorite glass (not full to over flowing).  This works out to the recommended 4 x 160ml.  Take a few minutes to figure this out for yourself.

The next step is to wait 45 minutes before eating.  Hardly a problem since I usually exercise for 45 minutes before eating breakfast.  Add a cup of tea to lunch and supper and this isn't such a major shift.  It's the 2 hours of no eating or drinking that will be the hardest to observe, since I tend to sip water or tea all day long.

Let me know how it goes for you.

Betsy

Betsy Bell's Health4U
206 933 1889
www.HiHoHealth.com
www.TiredNoMore.com
www.HiHoWealth.com

2 comments: