Monday, April 25, 2011

Staying healthy while travelling: Adventures in Scotland and England

Dear Reader,
I'm back from a fabulous trip to Edinburgh and London with my two 13 yr. old grandsons, Carsten Rossen and Daniel Schleh.  They wanted to see castles, so that is what we did. Starting in Edinburg we spent a day touring Bamburgh Castle (a sweet, totally livable and very old castle on the sea coast with the Isle of Lindesfarn in view),  and Alnwick Castle (home of the Percys, Earls and Dukes of Northumberland since 1309).  The current family vacate on April 1st so the public can enjoy it, too).  Alnwick castle was used to film Harry Potter's Hogwarts from the exterior.  It was a thrill to be there.  Of course Edinburgh Castle was the highlight of Scotland.  Magnificent setting.

Warwick Castle in the midlands of England took a whole day.  Build by William the Conquerer in 1068, it is owned and operated by Madame Tussaud's and is tastefully done up with actors and events of the mid 1400's.  The Earl of Warwick was opposed to Henry VI and the Yorkists, so it was all about preparing to take over London and oust the York king in favor of the Lancastrians.  They even fired a Tribouchet with a ball of fire 100 yards down a field.  Very exciting.  There were cat walks and turrets to explore and climb, sword fights to witness and a falconer flying his birds of prey.

Of course the Tower of London was the main destination in London plus a ride on the London Eye, the most magnificent ferris wheel I've ever ridden.

Staying healthy on this trip and helping Danny overcome a cold took a lot of Shaklee's supplements. I had Cinch bars and Fiber advantage bars and Energy Chews to help me keep the digestive track going and my brain perking through the time change.  I had Pain Cream and Pain Relief Complex to help with the poor back.  I was able to do my exercise routine every morning, getting all the joints mobile for the day.  And I wore my hiking shoes all the time.  To heck with trying to be fashionable.  I had my Cinch shake every morning and the little packets of Vivix to help keep my going.  For Danny, there was Shaklee's Defend and Resist, Nutriferon and Vita C Sustained Release.  For more info about these helpful supplements, check out www.HiHoHealth.com.

I wore my "What if is does?" button on my purse and handed out my www.TiredNoMore.com card to several American tourists as well as a number of English and Scottish people who were curious.  "What if it does Help you Live longer and feel healthier.  Take a look at my website," was my response to any questioner.

The business rolled along with orders coming through every day and I was even able to check my voice mail back home on Skyp and put an order in for a caller.  What a business that allows one to earn while playing.
www.HihoWealth.com if you're interested in learning more.

Be well and Do well.    Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment